Monday, February 25, 2008

Don't be shocked explanation

So there is all of our dirty laundry. We have stacked up about $17k in different kinds of debt (not including student loans). The majority of it was as a result of a job change. I took about a $10- $15k pay cut when I moved from HB Turbo to Whataburger. Despite the pay cut, I knew that I had to move on for my family's sake and for the sake of my walk with Christ. I waited for a little over a year to get promoted at my new job and finally started to pay off debt instead of accumulate it. And that - in a nutshell - is how we got into this mess!

I will try and make our quickie budget fit the blog a little better when I have some more free time.

Thanks,

Chris

3 comments:

Greg Richmond said...

Brother Chris -

Certainly not shocked! So very impressed and blessd to call you a Christian friend.

Erin and I gave each other a wedding gift of $60,000 in debt when we married two years out of college. It was only by the grace of God we were able to reduce it to almost zero today - and good thing - God has led me to take a job with a $20,000 pay cut soon for numerous reasons.

I too had the 4 car poster in my room growing up - and it wasn't until recently I realized that it is not all about the money, but it IS all about HIM - Praise the Lord he can get us out of any mess!

Mommy of 2 and 2 said...

I think by taking this step and giving up some worldly things, you will be leaving a legacy for your children. They will learn so much from you, by watching what you are able to do for those around you, by opening your home and having others for dinner..whatever it may be to reach out and show others Christ..keep on keeping on!!Thanks for being so honest!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so transparent. I know that you've blessed many people already.